During the 12 month fixed term period, the interns will be responsible for the provision of medication and supplementary services to patients and members of the healthcare team under the supervision of a registered Pharmacist.
The incumbent will also assume responsibility for meeting patients’ needs in a responsible, satisfactory and costeffective manner.
- Dispensing in and out patient prescriptions under the supervision of a registered Pharmacist.
- Provision of a drug information service.
- Assiting in ethical stock order, stock control and stock counts.
- Implementation of controls to enforce GPP and SOPs to monimise risks.
- Maintain effective relationships with key role players.
- To dispense retail prescriptions and counsel patients under the supervision.
- Communicating professionally and handling queries as per policy.
- Assisting with stock take, stock control and expired stock removal from shelves.
- To assist/offer advice on the use, side-effects, contra-indications and storage of medication. Willingness to be involved in ward pharmacy and antibiotic stewardship.
- Administrative Tasks and tidiness of Pharmacy.
- Will be required to work week-ends and shifts according to operational requirements.
- Provision of in-service training to wards/staff as required.
- A relevant Pharmaceutical qualification (B Pharm. Degree or Dip Pharm)
- Registration with the SA Pharmacy Council
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, E-mail, SAP and Internet
- Work experience in a Hospital Pharmacy advantageous.
Via – Netcare