The Foundation seeks a Receptionist Intern, based in Braamfontein, Gauteng.
The incumbent will report to the Chief Executive Officer, and will provide general administrative support to the staff of the Foundation.
- Reception duties at as required including answering telephones and providing general administrative support to all work colleagues
- Receive and process all incoming general courier, post, fax and email correspondence, and ensure outgoing correspondence is correctly handled
- Facilitate and appropriately direct requests from internal and external stakeholders for materials, diary engagements, reply to general queries from the public and so on
- Receive, welcome and direct visitors arriving for meetings, and support meeting preparation and logistical arrangements
- Maintain orderly, neat administrative office spaces and organize and maintain office filing system
- Controlling and ordering office supplies and stationery and maintaining office equipment in good working condition, including logging and reporting faults
- Assist with supervision of and hands on involvement in Events and Functions as requested
- Support other projects and activities as requested and needed
- Bachelor’s degree, Diploma, or one-year minimum experience in a similar position in an office setting
- Strong Internet and computer skills and proficiency in MS Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook; and social media,
- Organisational skills, attention to detail, capacity for prioritizing tasks, and ability to handle a wide range of tasks simultaneously, follow through and meet deadlines
- Be calm and flexible with the ability to anticipate challenges and able to work through stressful situations
- A proactive, 'can –do' attitude with ability to demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness
- Ability to work independently, while exercising good judgment and initiative
- Discretion and the ability to hold confidentiality of executive office
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a courteous, professional work style and ability to respond well to multiple work styles and to handle pressure gracefully
- A candidate with a driver’s license is preferred
- Have a demonstrable commitment to the Foundation, its vision, values and its approach
Closing date: Friday, 29 July, 2016
To apply, submit a CV, contactable references and a covering letter to email@example.com, specifying the position being applied for in the subject line.
Candidates will work Monday to Friday 08h00 to 17h00 with a one-hour lunch break.
Candidates should be prepared to work at evening or weekend shifts within the monthly number of hours on activities associated with the Foundation’s programmes.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Steve Biko Foundation, refer to www.sbf.org.za.