Enthusiastic students with a Bachelor of Science degree are urged to apply. Applicants should be GIS and or wetland ecology students interested in gaining practical experience in research.
No prior working experience is required but good grades at university and a keen interest in the conservation of South Africa’s biodiversity will be an advantage.
Knowledge of / previous experience with data capturing of water features will be an added advantage.
The duratioms of the internship is August 2016 – January 2018.
Who is eligible to apply?
- We invite applications from BSc graduates with GIS. Preference will be given to historically disadvantaged South Africans.
- Writing of reports and communication with a network of scientists (excellent written and spoken communication in English is required)
- GIS, data capturing, data sourcing, including knowledge on how to digitise water features
- Basic understanding of Wetland Ecology
- R6 050 for a Bachelors graduate
- R7 150 for an Honours graduate
- R8 250 for a Masters graduate
Closing date is 15 July 2016. Click here to download the application form. Applications should include a full CV, letter of reference, certified copies of ID and academic record. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: SANBI Wetland Mapper Internship. Please note that any emails sent to SANBI must be under 10MB in size.
Please send your enquiries to Namhla Mbona at email@example.com
SANBI reserves the right not to fill this internship. If no response has been received within 21 days of the closing date, candidates may assume that their applications were unsuccessful.
Via – SANBI