The University of the Free State is looking for a Technology in Teaching and Learning Intern for a 1 year contract appointment.
The purpose of the internship programme is to offer graduates (diploma/degree) with no relevant work experience the opportunity to obtain practical workplace exposure and experience.
Assumption of duties: 01 September 2016.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the development of e-assessment activities, including the development of assessment question banks and scheduling of e-assessments (Blackboard and Question Mark).
- Assist in the development of training material for objective assessment.
- Provide support in the preparation, implementation and evaluation of student and/or academic staff training.
- Provide assistance in the collection and analysis of data and writing of reports.
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- Intermediate computer skills, including but not limited to MS Word and MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University’s richly diverse working environment.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Effective organisation skills.
- Manage events/processes effectively and independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership/internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership/internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of 1 year.
- Postgraduate qualification will serve as a recommendation.
For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9962/9161.