TIPS has three main focus areas: Trade and Industrial Policy, Inequality and Economic Inclusion and Sustainable Growth. Its working model integrates research and analysis, policy development, disseminating information, capacity building, technical support, and programme design and management.
These opportunities are available for recently or about to graduate masters students.
The aim of the internship is to give young researchers the opportunity to acquire work experience, improve their research skills and enhance their understanding of the South African economy. The internship is structured to give exposure to issues of industrial development, trade and the green economy as well as work on policy orientated projects.
The internship is for six months (renewable for a further six months by mutual agreement).
The intern will directly participate in projects carried out by TIPS.
TIPS also offers the opportunity to conduct individual research, in line with the priorities of the institution. Our research is on generating and analysing evidence-based options for industrial policy as the key to more inclusive economic growth.
Start Date: 1 September 2016.
Competitive remuneration package is on offer.
- Perform economic research under the guidance of the line manager, and provide research input and data analysis
- Participate in and present research at internal discussions and workshops / events
- Publish research reports through the TIPS website, other publications, conferences, seminars, etc.
- A Masters (completed or in final stages of completing) in Economics; Development Studies, Environmental Sciences, or a related field (with Economics III)
- A passion for industrial policy, inclusive economic development and sustainable growth
- A study background on trade, industrial policy, the manufacturing sector and Sustainable growth
- Strong communication skills in writing, editing and presentation, with an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong computer skills, with a proven ability to manipulate data in Excel and knowledge of Stata or SPSS
- Teamwork and an ability to handle tight deadlines
Closing date: Friday, 29 July, 2016
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted applicants only.
For more information about TIPS, please visit www.tips.org.za.