The Ginkgo Agency is seeking a talented and self-motivated Intern to join its editorial team.
This individual has a love for story and the process of creating narratives, a passion for people and their lives. They are passionate about multimedia content creation, and have strong written and verbal communication skills. Attention to detail is of vital importance.
This position encourages growth, and will offer the candidate opportunities to work in areas of the agency beyond research – from concept development and strategy to production, editing and shooting.
This candidate must be prepared for a fast-paced working environment and be comfortable working in a demanding role. The ability to handle stressful situations and overcoming them with a positive attitude is of immense value.
The Editorial Intern is responsible for:
- Sourcing ideas for multimedia documentary stories
- Research and develop story leads
- Developing relationships with sources
- Supporting the editorial team.
- Research, pitch and develop story ideas to the editorial team at daily editorial meetings
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Ability to work well within a team environment and show initiative
- Complete tasks diligently and with a sense of pride
- Editorial team
- Senior writer
- Junior writer
- Editorial interns
- Distribution and audience engagement team
- Source of story
- Social media platforms including
- Snapchat and more
- Proficient in Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- An excellent grasp of the English language
- Strong writing ability
If you wish to apply for this position please provide the following:
- Letter of motivation outlining why you are the best person for the role and why you wish to work at the Ginkgo Agency
- CV with references and three writing samples
- Contact information including: cell number and email address
Remuneration: To be discussed
Location: Cape Town, De Waterkant
Education level: Diploma
Type: 3-6 Months
Send your motivation and CV to Talysa Rudah: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing dates for applications is 20 August 2016. No late applications will be accepted.