Frances Baard District Municipality is a dynamic equal opportunity employer where goals are achieved through teamwork and the pursuit of excellence in service delivery. The municipality invites applications for a legal internship position.
The internship programme is a structured professional training and work experience programme with the goal of providing high quality training and practical exposure within the legal and corporate environment. The programme has a logical training sequence that builds on the skills and competencies acquired during university training. The programme is aimed at unemployed law (LL.B) graduates.
- The successful candidate must be in possession of a recognised LL.B degree.
- Valid driver’s licence is essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to work effectively within a team, strong administration skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and strong organizational skill.
- Computer literacy.
- Willingness to do legal research.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- The successful candidate must ensure precision in their work, respect strict confidentiality requirements, organising and classification skills are key. Knowledge of relevant legislation applicable to local government and the ability to interpret statutes.
- An understanding of applying legal proceedings.
- The successful candidate will be responsible in assisting to provide effective and efficient compliance support to the Head of Legal and Compliance.
- Assist to prepare all kinds of contracts and legal opinions.
- Ensuring that the municipality is aware of new legal directives and providing verbal and written legal opinions on a variety of matters.
- Conducting research on relevant laws, regulations, and legal articles. Investigation of cases.
- Organize and maintain documents in a paper or electronic filing systems.
- Assist with drafting of new, and amending of existing policies and procedures.
Enquiries can be directed to: Mr. Joseph Ndlazi/Ms. Kirstin Malander, Tel: 053- 838 0912/911.
Closing date is 22 August 2016. The completion of application forms is mandatory (download here), and must be accompanied by detailed and comprehensive curriculum vitae and is to be accompanied by certified copies of ID and qualifications. Application forms are also available from the municipal office.
Applications should be forwarded to the following postal address: THE MUNICIPAL MANAGER, FRANCES BAARD DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY, PRIVATE BAG X6088, KIMBERLEY 8300 or hand delivered to: 51 DRAKENSBERG AVENUE, CARTERS GLEN, KIMBERLEY.Note: Designated groups, including people living with disabilities, are particularly encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will be subjected to a compulsory reference and validation checks. Should you not receive any response from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. The District Municipality reserves the right to make no appointments.