The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has two In-service Training opportunities in the Telecoms and Media competence area within the Meraka Institute.
The incumbent will gain exposure and practical work experience in the wireless communications projects.
These opportunities are based in Pretoria. For more information about the unit, please visit: www.csir.co.za/meraka.
The CSIR is a leading scientific and technology research organisation, implementing projects throughout Africa and making a difference in people’s lives.
- Write technical documents;
- Read & understand wiring and block diagrams;
- Perform troubleshooting;
- Provide technical support / 2nd line;
- Undertake site visits;
- Perform laboratory testing of radio devices;
- Conduct radio frequency field measurements;
- Perform wireless networks audits;
- Perform technical Installations.
- Senior certificate (Grade 12) and currently completed or enrolled for a S4 in electronic / electrical engineering;
- Basic understanding of wireless communications networks;
- Understands and able to operate Spectrum Analyser and other measurement instruments;
- Able to read and understand technical manuals and specifications;
- Has hand tool, basic linux and technical documentation writing skills;
- Preferably having a driver’s license and willing to undertake long distance field trips to rural areas in South Africa when there is a need.
Should you meet the above requirements, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and surname, position title and reference number in the subject line, (eg. John Smith: In-service Training – Future Wireless Networks: Reference No: 307152)