Investec Investment Management Services (IMS) invite all final and honours year students studying Financial Planning, or who enjoys Financial Planning, to apply for our IMS Graduate Programme, AIM.
This two-year opportunity will offer you structured on-the-job learning, technical industry training as well as professional development.
During the programme, you will be exposed to the end investor and financial advisor servicing areas within IMS. Within the last three months of the programme, you will be seconded to a financial advisor’s practice.
As part of the graduate programme you will be required to work towards becoming a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® professional.
Please ensure that all the following documentation accompany your application in order to be considered:
- A copy of your South African ID
- A copy of your Grade 12 results
- A copy of full academic transcripts for all years
- Only South African citizens are invited to apply
- Application process opens on 26 July 2016
- Closing date for applications is 11 September 2016
- The programme will be based in Johannesburg for the full 2 years
- Your application will be considered as a whole and not purely based on academics
- Please note that preference will be given to Employment Equity applicants
AIM is open to students who:
- Are passionate about a career in the financial planning industry
- Are completing or have completed a Financial Planning degree or who have a keen interest in Financial Planning
- Have demonstrated academic excellence with an average of 60% achieved in all subjects at university
- Have achieved a minimum 65% pass in English and Core Mathematics in Grade 12
- Demonstrate leadership ability
- Participate in sporting and/or cultural activities
- Have graduated within the last 2 years