The trainee will receive an annual total cost to company package of R154 580.73.
The Competition Commission is responsible for: investigating and assessing anti-competitive behaviour in response to complaints, investigating large mergers, making referral to the Competition Tribunal; and investigating and deciding on intermediate mergers.
In addition, it undertakes advocacy work to promote compliance with the Competition Act.
Policy & Research does economic research and analyses market conditions, structures and trends, and provides economic input to cases.
- Applicants must have completed Honours in Economics degree.
- Be a South African citizen.
- A consistent academic performer with an average of 60% pass rate.
- Should not have worked as a permanent employee previously.
- Good analytical, research and investigative skills.
- Well-developed writing skills
- Interpersonal skills as well as computer literacy are prerequisites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Be a self-starter.
- The ability to work under pressure
- An energetic, dynamic and committed individual
- Computer literacy.
Applications close on 30 August 2016.
Click here to apply online