The vision is of an African continent rapidly achieving its development potential, whose people live in dignity, in a just society where basic needs are met, human rights are upheld, and good governance entrenched.
African Monitor seeks to appoint an Intern, based in Cape Town.
Consistent with its development principles the African Monitor is offering an internship programme to a student pursuing a career in Communication, Journalism, statistics, development study, demography, information technology and related subjects. The objectives of this programme are to provide an opportunity for a student to take responsibility to work with youth on data, research, communication, writing and presenting articles, stories, content and information around youth development work in Africa in an informative and professional manner.
The Intern will work in Communications and will take responsibility for drafting content for African Monitor website and other campaigns for African Monitor.
- Develop and update content for African Monitor website, blog and brochures
- Assisting in developing, producing and writing articles
- Produce information on a range of activities associated with our youth champions in the countries where we work in and other key stakeholders
- Contribute in writing policy briefs, OpEds, opinions pieces, blogs, articles and other projects
- Assist in writing speeches and media releases
- Studies towards a qualification in Communication, Journalism or IT preferable from university of technology
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy in MS Office, Internet Software, Email and website
- Knowledge of database and newsletter software
- Proof reading and editing skills
- Knowledge in blogging and social media
- An interest in youth and development issues
- Self-motivated and sound organizing ability
- Passion to learn and ability to adapt in a fast-paced work environment
- Willingness and flexibility to do a range of tasks
Opportunity closing date: Monday, 19 September, 2016