The WLC is a university-based law clinic at the University of the Witwatersrand (the University) Law School which is duly accredited by the Law Society of South Africa and which provides practical legal training to final-year law students and candidate attorneys; as well as legal advice and assistance to indigent or otherwise disadvantaged members of the public.
The key responsibilities of the successful candidate involve assisting various supervising attorneys with litigation, and attending to work that is generally required of a candidate attorney in a law practice.
- An LLB (or equivalent) degree.
- An interest in human rights law, social justice and litigation.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Good drafting skills.
- A valid driving licence.
- Proficiency in another official South African language.
To apply for the available vacancy please submit the documents listed below to the WLC by email
to Zaynab.Shahabodien@wits.ac.za or click here to apply online
- A covering letter motivating why you have the necessary qualifications, skills and experience for the position as well as the names and contact details of 3 referees.
- A detailed CV.
- Copies of your degree/s and academic transcript/s.