The graduate will be based at the SANAC secretariat office in Hatfield. This will be a great learning opportunity for the graduate who will benefit from the expertise, skills and experience held by SANAC secretariat colleagues through a planned mentorship.
Position : Young Women & Girls Communications Learnership
Duration : 12 months
Stipend : R5000 per month
- Graduate will familiarise themselves with the entirety of SANAC and the national She Conquers campaign including DREAMS, the Global Fund Programme for young women and girls and the KfW programme on young women in Buffalo City
- Engage with girls and young women on the ground and facilitate community dialogues to inform the development on an advocacy agenda and social media strategy for girls and young women programming
- Support the development of an internal SANAC communications, advocacy and social media guideline
- Guide and support the implementation of the social media campaign and community advocacy campaign, including live feeds of events and engagements
- Develop relevant material and messaging to mobilise and create excitement for the national campaign at the community level particularly amongst girls and young women
- Identify opportunities to highlight campaign activities and achievements in the media and communities and attend events on behalf of SANAC
- Track social media presence and influence in the uptake by beneficiaries of campaign package of services
- Capture stories of young women, programme beneficiaries and stakeholders implementing She Conquers for the purpose of informing planning, documenting programmes, and advocacy purposes.
- Recently graduated or currently studying towards a degree in Media Studies, Public Relations or related degree
- Communications experience would be advantageous
- Social media knowledge
- South African National
- Between 18-30 years
- Proficiency in writing and oral communication
- Strong understanding of the social issues faced by girls and young women in South Africa
- Willing to travel
Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business, Friday, 16 September 2016.
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.