DAG has three integrated programmatic result areas - participatory urban governance; housing and human settlements; and capacity building.
DAG seeks to recruit an Intern, based in Cape Town.
The successful applicant will be working alongside DAG’s experienced, professional staff.
- Assist in conducting research and design related to housing and urban development;
- Assist the Housing Facilitation and Development Services Unit with house design/ concepts;
- Provide planning and other technical input in the development of participatory and pro-poor human settlements proposals and housing typologies;
- Coordinate and/or performing tasks related to the collection and processing of information, including co-facilitation of participatory planning workshops/ meetings; and
- Assist with general organisational administration
- A background in the built environment, with a minimum of honours, ideally a masters;
- An interest in learning more about and working in the different programmes of DAG;
- Commitment and passion to contribute to addressing the many urban development challenges;
- Commitment and passion to work with poor and marginalised communities;
- Dedication to working hard and learning as much as possible;
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as to work independently and to take initiative;
- The ability to speak two regional languages (ideally); and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Wednesday, 14 September, 2016