There clearly exists a gap between university and the workplace, a gap which must be plugged if career opportunities are to become a widespread reality.
In view of this, the Corporation invites applications for the 2017 Internship Programme, which aims to provide graduates an opportunity to gain meaningful workplace experience to complement their studies. The Internship Programme is directed at those who have or are in the process of completing their studies.
Graduate recruits will be placed in a supportive environment, allowing for continuous development. The Internship Programme runs for 12 months (maximum 24 months). Permanent placement at Dube TradePort Corporation after the programme is not guaranteed.
Interns undergo a number of in-house learning interventions to prepare them for the transition into the world of work, providing them the skills to become competent and credible employees. All interns will be based at Dube TradePort in La Mercy, Durban, KwaZulu-Natal.
Dube TradePort offers trainees the opportunity to enhance their skills in the following areas:
- Accounting / Financial Management
- Agricultural Science / Engineering
- Contracts Management
- Environmental Management
- Geographic Information System
- Human Resources Management
- Marketing / Graphic Design/ Journalism / Media
- Maintenance / Property Operations
- Network and Data Centre Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Occupational Health and Safety / Quality Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Tissue Culture Laboratory
- Town Planning
- Water Quality / Testing
- Unemployed graduates who have studied in one of the specialisation categories listed above
- Students who are required to do in-service training in any of these categories
- Graduates with no prior work experience in their field of study
- Applicants that are South African citizens (however, preference will be given to candidates from KwaZulu-Natal)
Click here to apply online