IRENA promotes the widespread adoption and sustainable use of all forms of renewable energy, including bioenergy, geothermal, hydropower, ocean, solar and wind energy in the pursuit of sustainable development, energy access, energy security and low-carbon economic growth and prosperity.
Working as part of the Renewable Energy Statistics Team, the intern will assist with the development of a database for the collection, storage and reporting of global renewable energy statistics.
Specifically, this will involve participating in the following tasks:
– Development of the overall database structure for collection of renewable energy statistics.
– Development of automated routines for the collection of data through annual questionnaires (distributed as Excel spreadsheets).
– Development of database queries for checking and validating data and the production of statistical reports.
– The production of annual yearbooks of statistics, online data services and other statistical products.
Experience and requirements are as follows:
– University degree in computer science, information technology or similar discipline.
– Fluency in English (other languages would also be an advantage).
– Some knowledge and experience of working with databases, preferably Microsoft Access.
– Analytical skills and a high level of attention to detail.
– Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
This internship is available for a period of six months starting immediately. It includes a monthly stipend, living allowance and return flight to Abu Dhabi.
IRENA internships are open to current students or others that have graduated in the last year.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants should download and complete the IRENA Application Form (available at:http://www.irena.org/Jobs/