The ABCCCP is intent on developing communities within which we function and as such we are looking for an Intern currently studying in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism.
This internship will suit someone who is looking to acquire experience to supplement their studies (e.g. compulsory practical).
This position is located in Hatfield, Pretoria and since sometime the incumbent may be required to work after hours, it would be preferred that the applicants are from Pretoria and surrounding areas. As this position is part of our Social Development Programme to help you acquire experience while studying, you will not be paid a salary for this position. The company will however pay for your travel as well as sustenance when at the office. You will report directly to the Centre Manager.
For this position, your major duties will be:
- Monitor all forms of media
- Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements and other special events
- Write press releases and other materials
- Screen phone calls
- Assist with mailings, print production
- Create interview preparation materials
- Compile contact lists
- Search for press clippings
- Create or update databases
- Greet guests and clients
- Perform any other role as you will be reasonably expected by the team in line with your capabilities, to support our overall strategy.
Students applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism. Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media. Only interns proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications should apply.
- Energetic with a strong work ethic
- Can work well with people and individually
- Takes initiative