Philips Africa is currently recruiting for a Talent Acquisition Intern to join their Talent Acquisition team in Johannesburg. This 12 month internship is designed to provide current students practical, real-world experience and expose them to the many facets of business.
This individual will handle administrative tasks for assigned department.
The focus of this internship will be to learn from and assist the talent acquisition team in designing research/candidate generation strategies, performing extensive internet research to identify talent & build talent pipelines and to conduct initial phone screens with potential applicants.
The Talent Acquisition Intern who will play an integral role in managing recruiting activities and building candidate relationships. This key player will utilise their excellent customer service, written and verbal skills to ensure a positive candidate experience for every candidate, from beginning to end.
Philips is a diversified Health and Well-being company, focused on improving peoples lives through timely innovations. As a world leader in healthcare and lifestyle, Philips integrates technologies and design into people-centric solutions, based on fundamental customer insights.
- Builds and maintains a network of candidates through pro-active market research and on-going relationship management.
- Partners with the TA team on developing pre-screening questions specific to each position, intake meetings, interview feedback sessions and final selection meetings.
- Ensure that integrity checks (credit, criminal, reference) are conducted timorously
- Conducting assessments for candidates and maintaining the assessment results database
- Respond to queries in person, by phone and email from various stakeholders such as recruitment agencies, perspective candidates etc.
- Setting up appointments with the panel to interview candidates
- Screen and manage the recruitment online platforms daily
- Communicate with the staff and partners on a professional level
- Record keeping of all recruitment information
- Full recruitment administration function
- Tertiary qualification in HR
- Ability to communicate and interact with a variety of internal clients and external candidates
- Strong team player who demonstrates interest and ability in contributing to the recruiting team’s success
- Demonstrated adaptability and flexibility in the workplace
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented (Thoughtful work and the ability to proofread and check documents thoroughly)
- Proficient in the utilisation of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)