The Department of Energy in conjunction with CHIETA is looking for persons from various communities, interested to enter into Learnerships NQF Level 5 and NQF Level 7 in Public Administration and Internal Audit respectively.
Successful candidates will be appointed on a Learnership Programme for a period of 12 months.
These opportunities are based at the Department’s Head Office in Pretoria.
• South African, who has completed the National Certificate (Grade 12)
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Proficiency in at least two official languages (one must be English)
• Creativity: Innovative, articulate, good listener, ability to work in a team, ability to work under pressure, open-minded
• Must have the ability to put other people first (Ubuntu), must be professional, honest, ethical, accountable and have a sense of integrity.
Public Administration Learnership Requirements
• South African citizens, who have completed the National Senior Certificate (Grade 12)
Internal Audit Learnership Requirements
• B.Tech: Internal Auditing
• B Com: Internal Auditing
• National Diploma: Internal Auditing
The Learnership Programme shall be presented for aperiod of one year consisting of:
Theory: A ± 30% intensive instructional learning theory and workplace training: This is ± 70% workplace learning. During this phase learners shall continue to receive a stipend. The learner shall be regarded as competent after successful completion of Instructional learning phase, the workplace learning phase, the final submission of Portfolio of Evidence (POE) and successful external verification by relevant SETA.
THE DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
• Applications will only be considered from South African citizens; aged between 18 and 35 years.
• Candidates who have already participated in a Learnership programme in any Government department will NOT be considered.
Please take note that all qualifications are subject to verification. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
Applications should be made on form Z83 (download here), obtainable from any Public Service department and accompanied by a comprehensive CV and certified copies of Matriculation certificate and identity document. Application forms should be signed and dated. If this is not done, applications will be disqualified. Candidates must indicate their preferred province on the top of Z83 form.
Failure to submit the request documents will result in your application not being considered. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Please forward your application, marked for the attention of: Ms. L. Modiba for Learnership by post to: The Director-General Department of Energy, Private Bag X96, Pretoria, 0001 or hand-deliver to: The Department of Energy, 192 Cnr Visagie and Paul Kruger Streets, Pretoria. Please direct all enquiries to: Ms. L Modiba, tel (012) 406 7607.
Should you not be contacted within 3 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. NB: E-mail, fax and late applications will not be considered.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SENT TO THE ADDRESS PROVIDED ABOVE.
Via – Department of Energy