JET seeks to appoint a Statistics Intern, based in Johannesburg.
The intern will be working in the Data Unit of the Research and Planning Division.
The intern will provide support for statistical analysis of quantitative data from various education projects which support an evidence-based approach to education policy and planning.
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Assist in compilation of statistics, demographic information and related data to meet project information needs
- Assist in data cleaning, data management and data analysis
- Ensure data are up-to-date and suitable for advanced statistical analysis
- Assist in execution of appropriate statistical procedures to direct research studies and reporting of research studies
- Assist in warehousing of data by cleaning and merging datasets from different projects
- Data Capturing Tools; Development and Management
- Design data capturing tools
- Import and export data files
- Archive historical records; revising and editing data as needed to meet programme goals and objectives
- Design data analysis reports
- Taking part in statistical training programs to develop skills in statistical analysis and research methods in education
- Reporting and Dissemination
- Generate routine and ad hoc reports
- An Honours degree in statistics, applied maths, econometrics or economics (with a strong statistical component)
- Computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office (especially Excel), use of the internet and email
- Knowledge of Stata, R or SPSS is essential; Must be able to learn Stata
- Ability to communicate in English clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- A demonstrated interest in developing skills in education sector analysis
- Must be a South African citizen
Opportunity closing date: Friday, 21 October, 2016
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about JET Education Services, refer to www.jet.org.za.