All the necessary experience to qualify as a Chartered Accountant will be covered thoroughly and in full. Apart from the financial technical skills gained and groomed, soft skills such as interpersonal, presentation, negotiation skills and leadership skills will be developed. The program includes a combination of internal training experiences within the Novus Group as well as external training providers.
The aim of Novus Holdings is to up-skill and qualify the individuals with an eye to groom them into potential financial management positions in the future. The exposure to all the aspects of the business, from operational to strategic, will enable the trainee to become commercially astute and position them well for opportunities in the manufacturing sector.
Novus Holdings is accredited with SAICA to host this program. Novus Holdings will sponsor bursaries towards your remaining years of studies (the bursary amount will be based on a financial needs analysis of the best candidates) together with vacation work.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Examine, analyse, and interpret accounting records to prepare financial statements, give advice, as well as audit and evaluate statements prepared by others.
• Install or advise on systems of recording costs or other financial and budgetary data.
• Areas of focus include accounting work, financial statements, taxation, audit controls and governance as well as budgets and financial analysis
• Studying BCOM with an eye to become a Chartered Accountant (CA)
• Valid driver’s license
• Some leadership skill set/ roles evident during schooling or studying period (an advantage)
• Any rudimentary experience in the World of Work during studies (an advantages)
Skills & Competencies
• Deciding and initiating action
• Adhering to principles and values
• Relating and networking
• Persuading and influencing
• Planning and Organising
• Results driven (passionate, energetic, driven, “go-getter”)
• Coping with pressure and setbacks
• Excellent English language skills (speak, read and write)
• Basic MS Office Computer Skills
Applications close on 15 December 2016.
Click here to apply online