The successful candidate will work for the Building an Inclusive Society Programme (BIS) which works mainly in South Africa with various communities in different provinces.
One of the imperatives for 2017 is to begin implementing an emerging Social Change Model born out of the work BIS hand been driving for the past five years with Youth and Gender as cross-cutting enablers across both BIS and IJR. Within that model, the programme works with five projects: Community Healing, Ashley Kriel Youth Leadership project, School’s Oral History, Education for Reconciliation and Memory, Arts and Culture.
The purpose of this paid internship will be to work across the five projects and assist with design and implementation as well as reporting of the projects.
Salary: R5 500 per month.
- M&E capturing and analysis
- Data capturing
- Minute taking
- Community interviewing/ facilitation
- Desktop research
- Field work
- Adhoc tasks like: Scanning, filing, printing and archiving
- Additional tasks as needed per BIS programme within reason
- Flexibility to be reassigned where operationally needed within IJR
- Honour’s degree (or in the process of completing Honour’s degree) in Humanities, Social Science, politics or related disciplines
- Knowledge how to operate audio-visual gadgets
- Communication skills
- Understanding of grassroots communities in South Africa
- Strong writing skills
- Computer literacy in all aspects of MS Office
- General Administrative Skills
- Self-starter and ability to use initiative and judgment
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Fluent in minimum of two of the eleven official languages in South Africa
- Confident and time conscious;
- Aware of socio-political issues in South Africa;
- Pro-active, responsible and accountable
- Interest in gaining work experience and career development in the civil society sector.
- Interest in issues of reconciliation and justice and all areas related to the transitional justice and peacebuilding field. Interest and engagement in politics, social-justice, economic equality and similar.
• A 2-page Curriculum Vitae.
• The full contact details of 2 contactable references
• A 1-page letter of motivation indicating why you wish to be an intern at IJR and in this particular programme
Name: Simone Brink