Indigo Brands, based in Cape Town, is a subsidiary of AVI Limited (AVI). Indigo Cosmetics, formerly known as Yardley of London (Africa) (Pty) Ltd, has been manufacturing and distributing Yardley cosmetic products in Southern Africa since 1955. In 1992 National Brands Limited, an AVI subsidiary, purchased the Yardley business from the UK parent company and grew it into a multi-million Rand entity which led to the formation of a separate company within AVI in July 2003 called Indigo Cosmetics.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Good laboratory Practice
- Ensure on a daily basis that housekeeping, hygiene and safety requirements are adhered to
- Validate all instruments daily or as per SOP requirement and record on results on relevant forms
- Maintain an accurate, up-to-date database of product specifications, MSDS’s, COA’s and quality standards
- Analytical testing of Raw materials and bulk (Qualitative and Quantitative)
- Stability testing of bulk
- Record results of all testing done and communicate to the relevant
- Ensure that the Quality standard are met when during Analysis
- Perform problem solving of quality non-conforming raw material and liaise with supplier
- Maintain and ensure consistent and accurate colour quality
- Ensure out of specification batches are reported, quarantined and investigated
- Assist with consumer complaints evaluation
- Research and manage projects
- Analyse and solve problems - Is proactive in identifying client issues and addresses these thoroughly by making effort to find appropriate solutions and not adopting a unsustainable quick-and-easy solutions
- Communicate Clearly - Ensures a common understanding of the message is established between the sender and the recipient and that the intended impact or result is achieved
- Innovate and create - Generates and adapts creative ideas and solutions to improve performance.
- Develop & Apply Technical Expertise
- Stays abreast of changes and developments in their professional discipline.
- Impact and influence others - Persuades, influences and makes a positive impression on others to gain cooperation and commitment.
- Work with others - Is receptive to feedback from others as well as providing meaningful feedback to others.
- Any experience relevant to field of study would be advantageous.
Minimum Qualifications Required - Matric / Grade 12
- Graduating with a 3 year national diploma or degree in cosmetics specializing in chemistry, microbiology and biochemistry in 2016
- Understanding or exposure to qualitative testing and cosmetic development would be advantageous.
- Computer literacy skills, MS Office Suite
CLICK HERE TO APPLY