* The degree may change depending on business needs and availability.
Makro has 19 warehouse clubs in South Africa trading in food, general merchandise and liquor.
Programme format & learner support
Throughout the duration of the programme participants are based at various stores where the programme is offered. The programme starts annually in mid-March.
- The duration of the programme is four years.
- Whilst on the programme participants work full time and study part time towards their degree.
- Participants receive intensive work based training which allows them to be introduced and familiarised with our business operations, environment and culture.
- Participants are provided with a strong support system which includes coaches and mentors to guide and support them through the programme.
- Upon successful completion of the programme, candidates are placed in suitable positions.
The Cadetship Program, for the 2017 intake will be offered in: Gauteng, Western Cape, PE, Bloemfontein and Pietermaritzburg.
- Completed Grade 12/ Matriculated.
- South African citizen
- 23 years or younger in the year that the programme starts.
- No criminal record
- Eligible to study towards a B Com Degree
- University admission
- Pass matric with admission to Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum Achievement Levels:
- English: 4 (50 – 59%)
- Mathematics: 5 (60 – 69%) or
- Mathematical Literacy: 7 (80 – 89%)
To apply submit your application form/CV together with certified copies of:
- Barcoded South African ID
- Matric Certificate , or
- Statement of results
Please note that late applications will not be considered. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
Via – Makro