Media24’s digital media division, 24.com, is a leading African network of popular digital publishing brands and online services across internet, mobile and applications. 24.com is dedicated to creating and sustaining uniquely African online and mobile communities. As South Africa’s largest digital publishing house, the network welcomes over 16 million local unique browsers monthly. Media24 is part of Naspers, a multinational group of media and ecommerce platforms.
We're looking for a savvy individual whose passion for travel is reflected by all the top travel apps downloaded on your smartphone, the tons of selfies and short films shared on your Instagram or YouTube account, as well as your extensive must-visit list just waiting to be stamped into your passport.
You’re literally obsessed with all things related to travel and how it affects both people and the planet.
If you’re a nature-lover filled with a sense of wonder for the world we live in and brave enough to try most things once, come have a travel adventure with us as we help SA’s largest online travel audience find their escape.
- Matric with relevant journalism or media related qualification
- Video editing and production skills a plus
- Must be active on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and/or Instagram.
Skills & Competencies
- Have a good SA-focused writing style and voice
- Exceptional content creation skills - witty, pithy, fun and engaging
- Great interpersonal communication skills
- Good handle on social media content creation and editorial integration.
- Be naturally curious
Duties & Responsibilities
- Produce digitally savvy content, including enticing lists, features, photo-essays and compelling stories enhanced by social media.
- Able to navigate content management systems and social media management tools with ease.
- Must be organised, able to apply attention to detail and be assertive in interpreting briefs and assignments as part of a rigorous content production schedule.
- Clued up on all the must-visit as well as lesser-known local holiday spots and attractions.
- Deadline-driven and able to contribute enthusiastically to editorial meetings
CLICK HERE TO APPLY