We are an independent organisation located at the interface between civil society and academia. We employ a diverse team of professionals based at our office in Cape Town. For more information on the IJR, please visit www.ijr.org.za .
The IJR Communication and Strategy Unit is a key component to assist the Institute with cross-cutting services such as fundraising, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, communication and information & knowledge management, as well as special events. The intern will assist the unit with desktop research, administrative tasks and logistics for special events.
This internship is a great opportunity to learn about various fields of work in a non-profit office environment and is a dynamic placement to gain experience and learning in fundraising and knowledge management as a possible career path.
The intern will be assigned the following responsibilities:
- Desktop Research
- Assist with fundraising and business development design and implementation
- Administration of electronic databases, archive and knowledge management systems
- Sourcing of quotes and service providers
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks
- Assist with logistical arrangements for IJR events
- Updating of databases and contact lists
- Assist with general administrative duties such as the sorting, scanning, categorizing and filing of documents towards the implementation & ongoing maintenance of an IJR Archive & Information Management system
- A matric certificate
- BA in public administration/marketing or similar
- Project management skills
- Computer Literacy skills (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint)
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing skills in English (ideally in another SA language)
- Previous experience working in an office environment and assisting with administrative work (added advantage, but not essential)
- Previous experience with fundraising or fundraising events (added advantage, but not essential)
- A creative, pro-active and energetic attitude with the ability to identify and seize opportunities
Please submit your CV with a minimum of 2 references and a brief motivational letter.
Only applications with all the required documentations will be accepted.
Contact: Juzaida Swain
Closing Date: 18 November 2016
Duration of the contract: 6 months with potential of renewal. Working hours: 36 hours per week, based in Cape Town