- - - - - - - - - - - - - -MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
• The candidate must have a National Diploma in IT, IT Degree or equivalent.
• The candidate must be a resident within the municipality district jurisdiction of the local public library mentioned above.
• The candidate must not have attended any other Learnships or Internships in the Past
• The candidate must not be employed previously
• The candidate must be older than 18 years and younger than 35 years of age.
• The candidate must have South African citizenship.
• The candidate must be able and willing to enter into a contract with National Library of South Africa to work at the appointed library for a period of one year.
• Provide support to the Library staff on the use of ICT.
• Train Library users on basic end user computing and Internet searching and e-mail
• Ensure that ICT hardware, software and network connectivity are maintained.
• Provide advice and assistance to individual library users on the use of ICT equipment.
• Ensure adherence to ICT policies and guidelines.
• Escalate unresolved ICT problems to Municipality, District or Province IT staff.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
• Network and Computer Security
• Antivirus Management
• MS Office and Open Office
• Creativity and innovation skills
• Analytical Skills
• Troubleshooting Skills
• Gaming Consoles and PC Games
• Communication and interpersonal skills
Applications to be submitted to Aviwe.Mkosana@bcx.co.za.
Closing date: 10 February 2017
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY