GIS has capacity to support the firm in the areas of Enterprise Architecture & Strategy, Information Security, Enterprise Business Services (Applications and Databases), Business Technology Infrastructure ( Data and Voice Networks, Server Infrastructure), End User Computing with a Service Desk and a Project Management Office. A CRM function maintains and fosters relationships between GIS and the business.
About the Job
The internship program has been successfully run in the GIS USS area for a number of years. This has mostly resulted In these staff members becoming permanent employees within the business ( not just GIS)
- It is effectively a 6 month job interview in which Deloitte gets the opportunity to select the best of the best to stay on.
- Provides opportunity to those less fortunate to grow in workplace experience and confidence
- Very cost effective resource to hire to assist with IT support - much less than standard IT Technicians.
- Assist in answering the over 7000 interactions with the JHB service desk per month
- Provide telephonic/ walk -in support to Deloitte staff.
- Assist in setting up new hire machines.
- Help address the current situation where the current staff are working many hours overtime due to not having enough staff in the support area. If staff are off ill or out of office, this has an even more serious impact on service delivery for the area. Having an intern allows the staff to focus on the more important tasks.
In the Republic of South Africa, Deloitte operates as Deloitte & Touche. Deloitte & Touche is a part of Deloitte Africa. Deloitte Africa is a member of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (“DTTL”), a UK private company limited by guarantee.
Requisition code: ZA129187VD.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY