The successful candidate will be expected to work at Central Media Group newsroom on a full time basis for a ten (10) month period.
At the end of the internship the candidate should be able to successfully complete the following:
ü Sourcing strong story ideas, doing interviews, writing a radio news story/bulletin, re-angling stories, adding value to stories (soundbites, photos, videos etc.) handling press releases, doing follow-ups where necessary, building an extensive contact network and be active on all social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Have a passion for journalism and a sound general knowledge of news and current affairs
- Have exceptional communication and writing skills
- Be able to work under pressure and keep to tight deadlines
- A working knowledge of a camera and voice recorders
- Have computer and internet literacy
- Basic journalistic skills in news identification, news gathering and news presentations
- Be able to work closely with a diverse news team
EDUCATION: Relevant tertiary qualification in Journalism/Media/ Communication or equivalent
REQUIREMENTS: Completed relevant degree or National Diploma
Code B driver’s license essential (own vehicle advantageous)
CLOSING DATE: 31 January 2017
Interested applicants are requested to apply with a comprehensive CV to Thando Mohlamme via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject line of email should be: INTERN
Applicants not contacted within 30 days after the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Mahareng Publishing (Pty) Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The appointment will be made in line with Mahareng Publishing’s Employment Equity requirements.