The Military Skills Development System (MSDS) is a two-year voluntary service system with the aim of equipping and developing young South Africans with the necessary skills in order to compete in the open market. Young recruits are required to sign up for a period of two-years, during which they will receive Military Training and further Functional Training.
All applicants must comply with the following
- South African Citizen (Relinquish any other citizenship)
- Have no record of criminal offences.
- Not be area bound.
- Preferably single.
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for appointments in the SANDF.
- Be free from physical disabilities and not suffer from claustrophobia or a fear of heights.
- Combat applicants aged between 18 and 22 must have completed Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science with at least Level 3 for both subjects.
- Engineering and Technical applicants aged between 18 and 22 must have completed Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science with at least Level 3 for both subjects
- Graduate applicants aged between 18 must have a completed Grade 12 with a Degree, National Diploma or N6 with Trade Test Certificate in Mechanical, Marine or Electrical Engineering.
- Graduate applicants aged between 18 must have completed Grade 12 with relevant Support (Human Resource and Logistics) qualifications.
How to apply
Closing date is 29 February 2017. Click here to download the 2018 SA Navy application form.
THIS APPLICATION FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
- Copy of ID
- Copy of Matric Certificate
- A Short CV
- Highest achieved qualification (e.g. Degree, National Diploma or N6 with Trade Test)
Admission Enquiries can be directed to: SA Navy Recruitment Centre at (012) 339 4421/4252.
THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO EMPLOYMENT
Should you not receive a response by 31 October 2017, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.