Your role covers a broad range of responsibilities, which include but are not limited to the following:
- Capturing rates accurately according to the rate sheets provided by our suppliers
- Updating rates on a regular basis and (if required) calculating rates accurately
- Working with our sales team to resolve rates-related challenges in daily operations
- Working with the product team to maintain rates-related information
- Ensuring that rates and supporting information have been captured correctly
- Learning and understanding everything about rates within the travel industry
- The Rhino Cafe: Whether it’s the life-giving cappuccinos or sinfully satisfying meals, the chefs at Rhino Café are on hand to give you the fuel injection you need to keep going. Grab a bite to eat, drop in for a chat, or simply pass through to catch a glimpse of the latest game.
- Compensation: We don’t ask our Rhinos to work for free! Every intern receives a salary of R3,000 per month.
- Employment opportunities: We’re constantly evolving, which means that there are always new positions opening up.
- Diverse culture: Rhino Africa is a fun, challenging, fast-paced place to work. We’re one big family. Interns are encouraged to soak up our culture and participate in social and community events.
- Life-long learning: We understand the importance of our team members establishing themselves as leaders in their own right. We ensure that interns leave our offices with invaluable skills that will help them continue on their own paths to success.
- Direct mentorship: Every intern is assigned a mentor to guide them through the programme. This mentor will lead individual workshops designed to develop your skills and knowledge. Our mantra is simple: The easiest way to improve is to learn from the best.
- Online development courses: Online courses with Lynda.com will be offered to help our interns develop the precise range of skills they wish to focus on.
- Matric exemption with excellent results in maths and science
- Graduate of a reputable university
- One to two years of experience in a data-orientated industry is preferred
- You are motivated to complete specific tasks within a limited time frame
- You work in an accurate and timely manner
- You thrive in a high-performance environment
- You have a sound mathematical understanding (of cost price, selling price, margin, percentages, etc.) and enjoy working with numbers
- Previous experience with data capturing systems (such as TravelLogic or Globe Track) is a big plus
- Numerically and analytically minded
Remuneration: R3000 per month Basic salary
Location: Cape Town, Gardens
Education level: Diploma
Job level: Junior
Job policy: Employment Equity position, Disabled position
Type: 4-6 months