This position will commence on 15th February 2017 or as soon as possible.
The Social Media Intern at MSF Southern Africa will be instrumental in helping the organisation raise awareness and engagement using MSF SA’s social channels.
The intern will also be expected to contribute towards MSF’s objective of becoming increasingly digital.
The role will play a direct part in the growth of social engagement; maximising current social channels and identifying new areas of growth.
The role will also play a part in the development and deployment of innovative social media strategies and initiatives. The Social Media Intern reports to the Senior Online Coordinator and is part of the Digital Team.
The MSF SA Digital Team plans, executes and actively manages online content, digital campaigns, social media and fundraising initiatives. The team is currently made up of four (4) individuals- two (2) from the Communications Department and two (2) from the Fundraising Department.
Benefits to the intern
- To gain experience of working within a Communications Unit within an international humanitarian organisation.
- To understand the roles of the Digital Team and through hands-on supervision, to get an introduction to the skills required of these roles.
- To gain direct experience of working on social media within the South and Southern African context, in particular related to health and humanitarian issues.
- Work with the Digital Team to devise and implement evolving digital marketing and keeping the website and social media sites current and ensuring they complement each other. Build relationships with users by creating and sharing content with them, as well as engaging with them on social media.
- Measuring and reporting social media activities.
- Respond and proactively engage with users of social media.
- Track and grow social media engagement rates.
- Support other communications related activities when required.
- Resources needed such as working space, internet, stationery and other resources will be made available
- The intern will be contracted as an intern and will receive an hourly stipend.
Click here to apply online