Government of the Western Cape.
Artscape is a facilitator of stage performances, community arts activities, training programmes as well as audience development initiatives to sustain all forms of performing arts.
Artscape Technical Training Academy hosts Workplace Integrated Learning Technical Internships in
Stage Management, Stage Lighting, Stage Sound, Project Management and Wardrobe. Interns work
alongside industry professionals with the purpose of providing training and practical experience
towards a career in the technical aspects of theatre.
The internship programme is a youth programme and will provide an opportunity to gain practical
work experience for a period of twelve (12) months, whereby successful candidates will receive a
This programme commences 1 April 2017, interested, qualified candidates can
apply using the application form and details below.
Internship Programme: Stage Management; Lighting, and Sound)
- Grade 12 Certificate Completed a certificate;
- Diploma in Arts or performing Arts
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Must have completed a 3 year qualification in Fashion design or clothing production
- Grade 12
- Certificate Must have completed a diploma or degree in either Business Administration or Project Management
- Must be between the ages 18-35
- Must have a keen interest in theatre and its technical operations
- The candidate must be articulate in 2 or 3 of the Western Cape’s predominant languages
- (i.e. English, Afrikaans and IsiXhosa)
- Previous experience in any discipline of the Performing Arts will be advantageous
- Must have a positive attitude , and a willing desire to learn
- Artscape is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer, Women and people with disabilities
- are particularly encouraged to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 17 FEBRUARY 2017
All applications should be accompanied by the Internship application form, certified copy of
ID and Certificates.
Clearly indicate for which Internship programme you applying for.
Please submit your application for the attention to Jeremy Vorster, HR Department;
Artscape, DF Malan Street, Foreshore, Cape Town, 8000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries: +(27) 21- 410 9877.
Please note: copies of certified copies will not be accepted. Artscape will not be held
responsible for any costs relating to relocation, subsistence and traveling.
Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only. Kindly accept that if you do
not hear from Artscape within two (2) months, that your application has been unsuccessful.