We are a non-profit, public interest law centre, providing legal services to poor and marginalised persons and communities, with the emphasis on socio-economic rights.
The purpose of our Candidate Attorney Programme is to train graduates in the field of public interest litigation and constitutional law.
LRC seeks to appoint a Candidate Attorney, based in Grahamstown.
Start date: 1 January 2018
- Possession of a valid driver’s licence
- Ability to drive
- Writing and reporting skills]
- Background or interest in public interest law
- Must be willing to travel long distances and to rural areas from time to time
- Sound academic results
- Fluency in English and IsiXhosa are essential.
- Curriculum Vitae no longer than three pages
- At least two contactable references
- A letter motivating appointment as well as an interest in constitutional and public interest law
- A full copy of your university transcript
- Any other relevant supporting documents
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have not been contacted by 31 May 2017, consider your application unsuccessful.
Candidates must clearly specify the position for which they want to apply.
The Legal Resources Centre is an employment equity and affirmative action employer and preference will be given to an applicant who is black and female.sit www.lrc.org.za