The Gijima Data Science programme is designed to attract young multi-disciplined graduates with no or limited work experience.
The data scientist of today is a combination of statistical, mathematical, programming and business skills.
The Data Science Curriculum from Microsoft provides a comprehensive program of study in data science. Built in collaboration with leading universities and employers, the Microsoft Data Science Curriculum will develop the skills employers’ value by teaching you to explore, transform, model, and visualize data, and to create the next generation of intelligent solutions.
• Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, IT or Informatics
• Statistics 2 and/or Mathematics 2
• No previous work experience
• Male and Female Students
• Gauteng based
• Able to travel to Midrand
The Gijima 12 months programme is designed to incorporate the following three fundamental learning principles:
• Theory - 60%
• Practical - 50%
• Workplace experience - 10%
The theory component is combined with practical experience to allow the interns the opportunity to integrate the learning in a safe and secure learning environment.
The theory component includes both business skills and data science curriculum.
Data Science Curriculum
- Query Relational Data
- Analyze and Virtualize Data
- Understanding Statistics
- Explore Data with Code
- Understand Core Data Science concepts
- Understand Machine Learning
- Use Code to manipulate model data
- Developing Intelligent solutions
- Capstone Project – Cortana Intelligence Competition
- Data Science Orientation:
- Overview Data with Transact-SQL
- Analyzing and Virtualizing Data in Excel
- Analyzing and Virtualizing Data in Power B1
- Statistical Thinking for Data Science and Analytics
- Introduction R for Data Science
- Introduction to Python for Data Science
- Data Science Essentials
- Principles of Machine Learning
- Programming with R for Data Science
- Programming with Python for Data Science
- Applied Machine Learning
- Developing Intelligent Apps
- Implementing Predictive Solutions with Spark and Azure HD Insight
- Data Science Challenge
- The program will include business skills training.
What do you get after completing the program: Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Data Science
Interested persons are invited to forward applications and a detailed CV no later than 24 February 2017 to: E-mail: Aranka.email@example.com.
For more information you are welcome to contact: Aranka Verster on 012 675 5030