Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the design and development of e-guides.
- Assist with the design of multimedia objects for use in academic staff development.
- Assist with the design and layout of an online academic staff development portal.
- Assist with the design of internal graphics for invitations, posters and cover pages.
- Provide general graphic design support within the academic staff development focus area.
- Diploma or Degree in graphic design or multimedia and design.
- Updated graphic design/multimedia portfolio with a curriculum vitae.
- Intermediate computer skills, including but not limited to MS Word and MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University's richly diverse working environment.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Effective organisation skills.
- Manage events/processes effectively and independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership/internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership/internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of one (1) year.
- Postgraduate qualification will serve as a recommendation.
Closing date: 15 February 2017
Salary: The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9339/3934.
General:The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act.
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
- a detailed curriculum vitae;
- copies of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- a copy of your identity document (ID).