Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
BAT South Africa is offering the opportunity to an Intern Industrial Psychologists, registered at the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA), to complete their Industrial Psychology Internship programme within our Head office Human Resources Department.
This department acts as a center of excellence to South Africa as well as nine other Southern African countries, and has been certified as a Top Employer for excellence in HR practices and employment conditions in most of these countries.
As BAT is not a current registered HPCSA Industrial Psychologist training institution, we will assist you in drafting your HPCSA internship program and provide you with exposure to most components.
However, you will need to arrange your own external program supervisor and opportunities to obtain exposure to areas not covered within the organisation (i.e. Psychometrics).
The expected start date is 1 April 2017, pending the approval of your internship program with the HPCSA.
1. Job rotations as per your internship program
2. Involved in a variety of HR projects and deliverables within the various rotations
3. Personal development through various training sessions and workshops to shape you as a future leader
4. Cross functional exposure to develop a holistic understanding of our organisation
Essential requirements Valid South African ID
- Completed your MComm Industrial Psychologist Year 1 (modules only); or expected completion date of MComm Industrial Psychologist Year 1 to be December 2017.
- Registered Student Industrial Psychologist at the HPCSA
- Desirable requirements Mobile to travel for work
- Excellent leadership capabilities
- Good academic performance
- Maximum of 0-24 months working experience
- Proactive and Self-Motivated
- Impactful and Influential
- Lead and Manage Change
Closing Date: 16-Feb-2017