VDM offers its clients tailor-made transportation solutions for various industries in one seamless service. Whether your business is niche or you require specific or specialised delivery, storage, and distribution services – we can help. We are also the leading experts in solar transportation services.
Situated on the West Coast of South Africa is the coastal town of Saldanha and the headquarters of VDM. Being in a coastal town near a port means we are in a unique, strategically placed position to oversee the quality disembarkment of all goods, and can provide storage facilities to keep it safe and secure if necessary.
A leading company in the transport industry is looking for a logistics clerk intern to join their team.Qualifications/ Skills
- Grade 12
- A completed Degree / Diploma in Logistics, Supply Chain, with an average final aggregate of 60% + (please send transcripts)
- You must be a South African Citizen
- Minimal to no working experience required. (maximum 1 year working experience)
- Driver’s license
- In addition, you should possess above average organisational and communication skills.You should be eager to learn and present an attitude of professionalism and dedication for your chosen career path.
- Understanding the challenges faced by drivers on the road daily
- Getting the most out of your fleet and learning to optimize your working day
- Spending a day in the life of a driver
- Monitoring the fleet to ensure enhanced productivity
- Managing a fleet of vehicles to ensure they perform optimally
- Learning the full maintenance schedules of a fleet
- Understanding client requirements and ensuring they are serviced in the best manner
- Working with workshop to understand what is needed to best service the driver and vehicle
- Assisting Warehouse Manager with logistical tasks;
- Assisting Earthworks Manager amongst others with coordinating and loading of trains and other logistical tasks.
LOCATION: SALDANHA WESTERN CAPE
This opportunity is based on a 6 month contract to help kick start your career.
Successful candidates have to able to relocate to the West Coast area at own costs.
If you meet the above requirements please email your CV to email@example.com.
Closing date: 20 February 2017.
If you have not received any feedback within 14 days of application please consider your application as unsuccessful.