HEARD’s mission is to inspire health and development strategies to improve the welfare of people in Africa and beyond and to influence global thinking and action on health and development.
All appointments will be in terms of the prevailing University Employment Equity Policy and the Employment Equity Plan of the faculty/division (available at ).
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to stop the process at any stage to headhunt or re-advertise the post to meet its equity goals. Candidates who do not meet the minimum criteria will not be considered.
Are you a future Health Economist in the making?A
Do you have a passion for Research in Healthcare in Africa? Do you have what it takes to be at the forefront of groundbreaking research and international diplomacy in Healthcare? Do you want to help us advance health equity in Africa?
You do? Then apply below.
The Health Economics, HIV and AIDS Research Division (HEARD) is inviting applications for its elite Research Internship Programme in 2017, looking to employ only the best and brightest to join our skillful team.
This internship is geared toward stimulating interest in various health-related research areas.
We’re looking for dynamic youth who can make a significant impact and help us achieve our vision for health equity in Africa. Applicants must have a drive for research, and be socially conscious individuals with relevant experience in their areas of interest.
Interns will become representatives of HEARD in various platforms and are therefore required to be committed to our global reputation as a powerful academic institution.
Our research interns will develop their skills and pave the path toward becoming notable scholars.
*South African Citizens need only apply
HEARD’s internship programme is designed to integrate and complement your academic studies by providing you with the opportunity to participate in programme-related research.
We inspire interest and draw out passion for research by providing a firm foundation for your career.
We are looking for recent graduates to work through a one year contract in one of our following programmes:
- Disability, Health and Livelihoods
- Gender Equality and Health
- Health Governance and Finance
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Participation in the conceptualisation and execution of research projects, the formulation of research questions and writing proposals;
- Assisting with the submission of research proposals
- Collection and analysis of data;
- Writing up of research results, research reports and manuscripts for publication;
- Presenting at conferences;
- Research administration of research project activities.
- Master’s degree (Gender studies, Social Science, Psychology, Public health, Development studies, Health Economics or equivalent).
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Demonstrated interest in gender equality, sexual and reproductive health and rights, adolescents, gender based violence or related topic
- Driver’s license
- Two traceable references
- Vacancy Reference: RI/2017
- Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- Salary: Yes
- Job Category: Research
- Area: Health systems, gender & sexual reproductive health, health finance; mental health
- Contract Type: 1-year fixed term contract
- Full-time/Part-time: Full time
- Closing Date: 24 February 2017